Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In other worlds..

We finally say my ob-gyn yesterday. "We" because my husband went along. He was going to get answers! He was going to get to the bottom of this! My husband is a man who fixes things—cars, computers, small appliances. He assumes that all things work in similiar wasy, that all problems are identifiable and all errors can be fixed.

He hasn't accompanied me on a lot of my infertility-related doctor visits...

My doctor tried to be encouraging, but also realistic. I sobbed buckets and she stopped the exam and just held me for a good ten minutes. (I love my ob-gyn.) My husband kept trying to get those definitive answers, but, to my doc's credits, she flat out said "I don't have answers for you. I don't know."

As we weren't crazy about the last RE she recommended to us (and as that RE is on, wait for it, MATERNITY LEAVE) my ob-gyn recommended another RE to us... This one has a sliding scale and specializes in the "harder" patients.

When we came out, he was upset. Crying a bit. He hugged me, held me hard, hung on for a good long while. "We're going to be fine," I told him. "We'll get through this. We'll be okay."

So sad the day when you realize not everything is easily fixed...

No comments: