Thursday, July 19, 2007

and how was YOUR commute home yesterday?

Three blocks from my office.... What WILL it take to stop talking on the phone?
My story:
About six o'clock last night, the fire alarms went nuts. Some people evacuated immediately. There was a series of announcements, all confusing and conflicting, but everything seemed to be mostly okay. Everyone stood around telling horrow stories: 9/11, the blackout, the transit strike, the other blackout. Not a fun day, but one of those days that reminds you of so many things. (Like it's good to be alive, you can get through a crisis, nothing is certain and what's really important to you).

The full story...

An Eruption, and Fears of Worse

Steam Blast Jolts Midtown, Killing One

Asbestos and Aging Pipes Remain Buried Hazards

2 comments:

SULLY said...

OH MY GOSH...you live in NY City! Bless your heart!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really appreciated it.

Also, I know this isn't the topic of your current blog...but my grandmother had Alzheimer's..so if you ever need to talk let me know!

Bea said...

Wow. Oh. My Goodness. I'm glad you weren't too much in the middle of it. Stay safe!

Bea