Saturday, January 20, 2007

Friday Was My Birthday

I awoke Friday morning discovered three things: I had EWCM, I was forty, and Mama had forgotten where the bathroom was (so she defecated in her bed).

Certain things made me happier than others...

H cleaned the bed and I cleaned Mama and then the bathroom, and praised God, Jesus and R.eckit.t B.enckise.r for L.yso.l Wipes. Love them.

We packed Mama on her bus to daycare and H called in late for work. Ahem.

A hell of a morning, even in the Sandwich household.

That night, H took me to a fancy vegan restaurant. It was great. I got to dress up (contacts and make up, even). We saw an actor I recognized coming out on his way in, and our table was between a super-hip Middle Eastern couple (she kept saying she wasn't responsible for the break-up of the marriage of the fellow she was sleeping with) and a lesbian couple on their first date (the one closest to H was so stressed she could barely eat).

I love to eavesdrop on other diners. I'm horrible that way. But we had a great time at dinner. An old married couple from the 'burbs (by Manhattan standards) having an exotic outing in Greenwich Village.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Bea said...

Happy birthday!

Well, happy-ish birthday, as it sounds.

You certainly eat very trendily on your birthday, that's for sure. I love eavesdropping, too.

Bea

Jules said...

A belated Happy Birthday.

Wishing you all the best for the coming year.

squarepeg said...

Happy birthday! I suppose no one gets a perfect birthday, but it sounds like on the whole it was a good day.

I am such an eavesdropper in restaurants too. It amazes my H that I can listen to other conversations while still talking to him - I think it's a special power women have...

Here's hoping this year is your BIG year, in a good way!

BigP's Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good one (as the day went on).

TeamWinks said...

Glad the whole day wasn't crappy! Ok, sorry, tring to make light. I am endlessly amazed by your strength. Happy Birthday!