Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolved: This Year I Will...

1. Update my resume. And when the resume is updated, I will look for a job that will offer me health insurance.
(Even if it means re-typing the resume, as the computer it's stored on is on my husband's list of "things to be fixed". And even though it means calling a bunch of old employers and checking the exact dates of where I worked there, and when I was fired, which I dread dread dread).

2. Continue with the somewhat goofy but "good for me" things I do.
(Please note: by continue, for the most part, I mean "start again." )
A. I will sleep with a sleep mask, because light can impact your body's production of melatonin, and with my MIL, I don't always get to sleep at night.
B. I will take Synthroid, because I have hypothyroidism.
C. I will (try to) cut down on sugar. Sugar raises the insulin level, which inhibits the release of growth hormones, which in turn depresses the immune system, and in general antagonizes the endocrine system.
D. I will have (almost) no caffeine.
E. I will eat (almost) no dairy products. (But I am slightly lactose intolerant, and find that when I cut out dairy it makes my allergies much more easy to bear).
F. I will eat (almost) no meat, especially red meat. (Hard for my husband -- he's a carnivore.)
G. I will (try to) eat a diet rich in alkaline, specifically green vegetables.
H. I will take my vitamins, including folic acid, B6 , B12 and zinc.

3. I will laugh really hard at least once a day.

4. I will ask myself Powerful Questions.

5. I will blog at least once a week.

6. I will do something positive (per Bea) as often as I can. (I hope I can get to 50).

Did I forget anything?

2 comments:

Bea said...

Number one sounds great.

On the good deeds front - fifty seems like both a difficult and easy number. On one hand, it's only one a week and who said it had to be a big thing? On the other hand, it's so easy to wander around with your eyes closed to the opportunities. There's a certain amount of keeping your focus involved. But I have great faith in you!

What are you laughing at today?

Bea

Nica said...

Um, C.omed.y C.entra.l podcasts. And then W.ait, W.ait D.on't T.ell Me podcasts. (I'm a podcast addict).

And for my good deed, I'm just pumping as much sunshine as I can to those with whom I work. Not the easiest, let me tell you...