Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Please and Thank You

My husband was someone raised without knowing the MAGIC WORDS. Having more than a little Southern in my background, I know them quite well.

I've started a campaign to bring the Magic Words into my household here in New York City.

"Get me the soap!" my darling husband barks at me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I brightly reply.

He sighs deeply. "Could you PLEASE bring me the soap, dear? Thank you...."

Mama is a different battle.

"Bring me a towel!" the queen commands.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"BRING ME A TOWEL!"

"What's the Magic Word, Mama?"

She thinks a moment.

"BRING ME A TOWEL NOW!!!"

2 comments:

SULLY said...

Got to love Momma! And I mean NOW :)

Knock Me Up said...

Write us another post NOW! Why? b/c you crack me up.

I agree with Sully -- you gotta love Momma!