Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Crunchy Granola

My husband is a hippie. Oh, don't let the fact that he's in a dress shirt and nicely pressed khakis fool you. He's a hippie. Which I mean in the nicest possible way...

For the longest time, H was convinced that we would get pregnant naturally. We just had to want it bad enough.

Well, then we started seeing doctors, and started learning what was wrong with me (and what was wrong with him) and he changed his mind. Kinda.

Yesterday he handed me something he had printed off of the internet. It's all about affirmations, and how to make them effective (ask yourself questions, give yourself concrete answers). He also handed me something on visualizations, and then walked me through how to visualize our next IVF treatment (or whatever we do) being effective.

Part of me loves this. I mean, it's positive, it's... it's restful. It helps to quiet the evil raging voice of doubt that rules my head. But another part of me wants him to just talk about adoption, to just consider the possibility that this will never work.

Okay, am I horrible?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my hubby were positive/granola style like that.
I am...done affirmations for years and KNOW they work.

Nica said...

I have to admit, it is really nice. But it is also REALLY HARD. Reprogramming the little voice in my head... that's an undertaking.