Thursday, December 07, 2006

Okay, I'll admit it

H and I needed time. We needed time to settle into each other, adn to settle in to the idea of being parents.

Even though we are both in our late 30s (H's 40, and I am not too far behind) we only got together a few years ago. And we had to figure out who we were as a couple. And that took time.

And then, almost on cue, Mama got sick. Way sick. Can't live on her own sick. And we had to adjust to being full-time caregivers. And that took time.

And then the concept of children. BABIES. Neither H or I had a good childhood. We had some good moments, but my mother abused me, and his father abandoned him. So... yeah. Not something that we wanted to do as a matter of course. And to truly get out heads around becoming parents. Yeah. That took time.

Now, of course, I think we're good. I think we're stable. I THINK WE'RE READY. So anytime you're ready, God, well, so are we.

1 comment:

Bea said...

How do you know you don't just *think* you're ready? I mean, surely the universe knows best, right? /sarcasm. Go get 'em. You're ready all right.

Bea