Saturday, December 30, 2006

Send in the Clowns...

My friend Steve sent me this bit of news a while ago.

"Sending in the clowns can significantly increase the chances that fertility treatment will be a success, Israeli researchers have found."

Which is both ridiculous and completely logical. Being scared and strained and stressed can't help anything. Saying (and praying) "please please please" makes my tummy hurt and my shoulders aches. But when I declare "I am going to have a child, I am going to be a mother," it feels good. Great even. Like laughing. (Laughing always feels good. It's why we do it...)

Steve, I should mention, is one of my few real-life friends that I tell my IF horror stories to. He's HIV positive, so he's got his share of horror stories. And, like me, they involve the added HELL that is being sick in this country without insurance.

But Steve is my inspiration: he knows a guy who is a professional clown, he says, and is
sending Chuckles over when I have my next IVF treatment.

there ought to be clowns...

2 comments:

TeamWinks said...

I sooo want to see pictures of that!

My uncle had AIDS, and it was amazing the bits of wisdom I gleaned from him. He lived with us, and his daily bits made me laugh and cry all at once.

msfitzita said...

Clowns. I'm not sure how I'd feel about clowns wandering into my room after an IUI, but at this point I'm willing to try just about anything.

I hope they work for you. And at the very least, I hope they make you laugh.

We deserve that at least.

(((HUGS))