Friday, September 28, 2007

Today I Test

Tomorrow, we leave on vacation. So if I don't post for a while after today, don't worry. It just means our vacation share doesn't have wireless.

So.

So H went with me to get tested this morning. We get off the subway, and the street is awash with firefighters, police, ambulances. The street and half the block was cordoned off.

Omens, anyone?


So the New York thing is to ignore celebrities when you see them.

Never more so when you see them in the waiting room of your RE.

Dang. I felt kind of sorry for her. And I hoped that other people either didn't recognize her or gave her her space.

So.

So, I knew, in the back of my mind, that it was prolly only going to be blood-taking. But. I was kid of hoping there would be some kind of SOMETHING that would tell me... SOMETHING.

And there wasn't.

Still, perhaps it was for the best. My husband was in sensory overload. And I know that even good news can go bad.

So.

So now I get to wait.

The RE's office is calling H again. In the notes, they know they're supposed to, but they invariably call my cell. Or the house. Even thought they know they aren't to. Apparently, I am quite the anomaly in RE land.

So.

How are you?

4 comments:

Serenity said...

Hugs, Nica. I am pulling for you and hoping with everything I've got that you get to go off on vacation with very.good.news.

xxx

squarepeg said...

EEEK!! I'm on pins and needles! And WHO was in your clinic? So many questions!

GOOD LUCK and I hope you have a GREAT vacay.

BigP's Heather said...

Oh, I can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping that the news is great. And dying to know who you saw!